My teen has been going through our bookshelves. Since we've homeschooled for many years, our shelves are really full! We like, and will keep, most of the books, but there are some that we never really loved. She looked up ways to sell the books, but the profit wasn't worth the trouble in most cases.
And then I remembered PaperBack Swap...
Do you remember PaperBack Swap? It's been around for a long time – I've been a member since 2006!
Here's how it works:
- On PaperBack Swap, you post a library of books that you own (any cover will do – hardcover or paperback cover – I've even received a leather-bound hymnal!).
- Other members browse your bookshelf and order a book they want.
- You prepare a mailing label – including postage – from your computer
- You ship the book from your home mailbox
- When you click that the book was sent, you receive a credit
- You browse PaperBack Swap and find a book you'd like to have in exchange for the credit you just earned
- You'll receive your book in the mail.
It's fun to trade books on PaperBack Swap, since you're able to browse their entire library, so you can find books you actually want.
Check it out and see if there are any books you'd like to have in your library! Updated to add: For US residents only (please let me know if there is a similar international option!)