Our family was recently asked to participate in this year’s Primrose Family Dance-Off. The dance-off not only gets the kids moving, but also benefits Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. The details are below, but first, about our video: I’m a little embarrased to admit we selected YMCA as our song, but it fit perfectly with our 4 stairstep children (they are ages 15, 13, newly-11, and newly-8….it’s really hard to admit those younger two just had birthdays). You can see our kids’ video here:
Do you want to dance and help your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, too? Here are the details:
With their second annual Family Dance-off, Primrose Schools, the leader in educational child care, is helping to fight the childhood obesity epidemic. They are partnering with Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals® to promote physical activity, healthy lifestyle choices and quality family time, things all parents can get behind!
Here’s how you and your family can enter the Primrose Family Dance-off competition:
1. Record a 30-second video of your family’s best dance moves. Don’t be afraid to let loose and be silly!
2. Visit The Family Dance-off site and upload your best take by March 19.
3. Share your video with your friends via email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
4. View and vote daily (you can place five votes per day) for your favorite family dance video!
What would a competition be without prizes? Primrose Schools is providing prizes that aren’t only great for your family but for your whole community, with $65,000 in donations to local Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals:
· Grand Prize: $5,000 and Primrose will make a $30,000 donation to a local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital
· 2nd Prize: $3,000 and Primrose will make a $20,000 donation to a local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital
· 3rd Prize: $1,500 and Primrose will make a $15,000 donation to a local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital
· All 14 Finalists will also receive a FLIP camcorder
If you upload a video (thank you for participating!), please comment below to let us know about it. I’ll mention it on our Facebook community page so everyone can see it and vote for your family! Don’t worry about voting for ours –we just did it as a “thank you” and as an opportunity to get our kids moving and involved in something that’s worthwhile.
Subscribe to FreelyEducate here
“Disclosure: In exchange for letting you know about this opportunity, I was sent a package including music, a $25 American Express card for purchasing healthy food for our Primrose Dance-Off Party, and the FLIP camcorder used to create the video. But, as always, even with a FLIP cam as a dangling carrot, I only post about things I truly recommend. I cannot be bribed. Oh, but I do love that thing. Thank you, MomSelect and Primrose Schools. ~ Lori Seaborg“