All About Spelling isn't a – yawn! – workbook method of learning spelling. Instead, All About Spelling is a hand-on spelling program that will interest every kid in your bunch, as it has ours…
Our family receives all sorts of educational products to possibly review for Freely Educate, and while we only post reviews of products that we think are good, we don't always keep the products to use in our own little school. All About Spelling, however, definitely will be staying at home in our schoolroom. It is solving our problem of poor spellers (they are so very phonetic!) while making the effort as painless as possible for the teacher (me).
"All About Spelling is your clear action plan for teaching spelling. Designed for effective, stress free teaching, the series progresses in a logical, sequential order. Through direct instruction, students learn exactly what they need to know in order to spell well.
The All About Spelling program brings together three pathways to learning – auditory (hearing), visual (seeing), and kinesthetic (touching). This multisensory approach, combined with a built-in review system and reinforcement activities, ensures that students retain what they learn and understand how to apply it in practical situations."
Go to the All About Spelling site to learn more about the program and to order a free report called, "The 20 Best Tips for Teaching Spelling."
The winner's package will include:
- AAS Level One set (book and student Material Packet)
- Letter Tiles
- Phonogram Audio CD-ROM
All of that will be sent to one of you, shipped free, of course! (value: $56.90 and free s/h)
2009 Note: Since we are just now starting out with All About Spelling, we started even our big 13yo 7th grader in Level One. He's whizzing through it, as he should, but the reinforcement of the basics is good for him as well as for his 11yo, 5th grade sister. Our 8yo (3rd grader) also is doing Level One, at a much slower pace.
This time, you may enter more than once! You get one entry per comment, but you may comment more than once by…
- Just leave a comment, saying you want one. That's easy!
- Visit All About Spelling, click on Articles (top of the home page), then come back here and tell us which of their article titles sound most helpful to what you're facing in your school.
- Blog about this giveaway on your blog or website then come back here and leave a link to the blog post so we can visit you.
- Tweet about this giveaway (copy your tweet to @freelyeducate).
- Facebook about this giveaway or join our Facebook fan page.
That's 5 ways to increase your chances of winning! You can enter up to 5 times. But, remember, you need to enter 5 separate times, because that makes it much easier for me to count up entries when I go to Random. org to select the winner.
More Rules, sigh:
- Click on "Comments" below* to leave your comment and other entries (separately, remember)
- The form will ask for your email address but only I will see it. Promise. And I never, ever spam.
- One winner will be selected randomly from the entries (comments) through Random.org's random number generator
- US entries only (head ducking; I'm sorry!) Yay! This giveaway is now open to U.K., Australian, and Canadian readers as well as U.S. readers!
- Deadline: Saturday, July 10th, at noon CST
Comment away! Who wants one?