Okay, last week, I wrote a post on homeschooling your way through Black Friday. Today, I’m focusing on a day I like even better: Cyber Monday. I prefer shopping online, away from impatient crowds and long lines. I’d rather crochet by the keyboard in my pajamas, snagging deals as they come up. If you relate to my style of shopping, you probably like Cyber Monday, too, and here are some ideas on how to homeschool through it:
Tips for Homeschooling on Cyber Monday
have the kids help with this list!
1. Making a list…There are 2 ways to shop on Cyber Monday:
- Shop for what you want and need, trying to find those items on sale
- Shop without a list, but at certain favorite websites to see what they’re offering on sale
2. Making a schedule…Before Cyber Monday, check on the websites you’d like to visit (or those where you think you’d find the items you want) to find out their schedule. Are the deals updated hourly, or are they posted just once in the day? Does the site have an unlimited supply, or do you need to snag deals quickly?
3. Preparing for the day…On the Sunday before Cyber Monday, plan out the next day’s meals and chore schedule. Delegate.
4. Keeping a budget…Okay, it’s Cyber Monday, and you have your list of stores or items and your schedule lined up, and you have your meals planned. You’re finding deals and buying items in lightning sales and before you know it….you can’t remember what you bought. Keeping a spreadsheet of purchases will help you stay within the set budget.
5. Keeping track of shipments…In the same spreadsheet as above, keep track of shipments so you’ll know when items should arrive.
Help us out: What other tips would you offer homeschoolers who want to make Cyber Monday educational as well as fun?
This is the second in a series of posts I am publishing for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.