I love rounding up giveaways for you, especially in this shaky economy when so many of us are on a tight budget. I especially love it when I really like the product. If I'm posting an item on FreelyEducate.com, you can be sure I like it, but sometimes one comes along that I really, really like. All About Homophones (from the same publisher as All About Spelling) is one of those.
Do you know what a homophone is? I didn't, either. A homophone is a word that sounds like another word, but may be spelled differently and have a different meaning.
Just today, while correcting her essay, I attempted to get our 11yo to understand that "there" is not "their" and "where" is not "wear." You know how frustrating teaching can be when our English language has so many different spellings for the same sound! I didn't realize I was teaching our daughter "homophones." Later in the day, my review copy of All About Homophones came in my email inbox, and now I'm excited to teach our 11yo tomorrow.
All About Homophones is a 240-page book (available as a paperback or ebook) that is remarkably easy to use. The book is organized by grade level (1st-8th) and includes a variety of ways to teach homophones through card games, worksheets, crossword puzzles, and graphic organizers. You may view samples of the book and read reviews at the All About Homophones site.
Mandatory Entry: Just leave a comment, below. Say you want one, say hey, say what's frustrating about spelling. Say anything you like!
Additional Entries: You'll receive an additional entry for any or each of these. Remember to comment separately per entry.
- First, did you just simply comment? That's the mandatory entry. Do that first. Then, choose any or all of these:
- Visit The Homophone Machine, create a sentence, then come back here and share it with us! Don't be offended if we laugh. :)
- Blog about this giveaway on your blog or website then come back here and leave a link to the blog post so we can visit you.
- Tweet about this giveaway (copy your tweet to @freelyeducate). This entry can be repeated every 24 hours.
- Join our Facebook community page (you'll like it!) or post a message – anywhere on Facebook – about this giveaway (this entry can be repeated every 24 hours).
That's 5 ways enter!
Entries are open to everyone, no matter what country! Random.org will select the winner. The winning entry will be verified. Entry deadline: Tuesday, March 1, at noon CST.
Any entry problems? Email me, Lori, at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll do a manual entry for you. No missing out!
I hope you win!
Subscribe to FreelyEducate here