Again, I'm sharing one of our family's favorite sites.
Classics for Kids is a kid-friendly website that teaches children about, well, classical music.
Each month, a different classical composer is highlighted. This month: Zoltn Kodly.
Each week, a different score of music is highlighted through a weekly "radio" show. This week: Classical Composers Who Used Folk Music
From the introduction on the Classics for Kids website:
This site is designed to help you introduce your child to
classical music. Music not only has the power to stimulate the mind,
enrich the heart and soothe the soul; it can help children to think
more creatively, develop craftsmanship and discipline and learn the
value of excellence.
What is available at the Classics for Kids website? Here is just a sample:
- Lessons plans for K-5th are available for certain composers.
- Games, including Compose Your Own Music (our children's favorite on the site)
- A weekly radio show, based on the current month's composer's music
- Music selections from various classical composers
- An interactive chart of Instruments of the Orchestra
Subscribe to FreelyEducate here